Out Side the Classroom

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Important to Me

My name is Katie, but I prefer Kate. I can't wait to be expanding the minds of children in the classroom. I really want to bring different aspects into the classroom, so that my students are able to get the best of me and never half of me. I believe that teacher should give it their all and never give up on their students. I have learned this from probably one of the best teachers I know, Dolly McMahon. She trys so hard to reach her students, even if they dropped out of high school. This summer she spent her days helping a student pass his keystone state diploma. She did this without any pay, but that didn't stop her from doing what she does best.

I love art in the classroom. Having my students interact with eachother through various way suchas:


Music in the classroom stimulates the brain beyond anything used in a traditional classroom. It brings life into your students and helps them get ready for the day. I will always try to bring music into the classroom every morning, so my studnets know that today is a fresh start!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Art in the classroom helps many students express their knowledge about a topic but in a different way!

Teaching is fun, and professionals should embrace it! Every day brings new experiences to you, and from these experiences we grow into a better person, a better teacher, and a better member of society.

6 comments:

  1. I like the way everything in this blog is worded. It will help everyone understand what you are trying to say and do when you become a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the idea of teachers giving their all to their students. However, with these new laws and state requirements, it is very hard to be able to bring more, new, and exciting things to the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you have had a teacher inspire you. I also have had teachers inspire me, and that is also why I am an education major. I agree with you that music and art should be used in a classroom to expand the minds of students.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm really impressed with Ms. McMahon. I know a few teachers like that, and that's what I'm going to strive to be like. I want to be the friendly one that students will come to for any help in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way you presented your idea of importance and gave background on why you believe this. I definitely agree with the concept of music in the classroom. I did not find anything that I did not really like about the post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like the idea of having art in the classroom, i also agree that it expresses their knowledge of a topic in a different way.

    ReplyDelete